Top image by Marisse Caine.
By now, you’re probably sick of hearing about the ‘new normal’ or the ‘extraordinary circumstances’ that defined this year, and no one can blame you. So we’re going to skip the fancy words and introspection, and instead look back on the stories that defined 2020 for us as a publication—in pictures.
1. Before Covid really hit us, our colleague was stranded in China.
2. And then we were given the gift of CB, and were forced to think long and hard about what work really meant to us.
3. Meanwhile, while we thought things were hard, they were undeniably harder for many others.
4. In the process, we learnt to re-consider what it really means to belong in Singapore; what it means to contribute and to ‘deserve’ a place here.
5. We made space to ask: what does it really mean to be inclusive? Even towards those we may not necessarily agree with?
6. But all the same, there were some great moments, and we were lucky to capture them on video.
And just like that, 2020 is over. We hope you had a good one, and we’ll see you again in a few days.